Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Losing Weight Together

There was a news story when we were still in college about a husband who divorced his wife because she was gaining too much weight. That struck me hard because I was already having insecurities with my weight problems that time. So, I embarked together with my then boyfriend, Mike, into a journey of losing weight.



At first, we didn't have any knowledge about how to lose weight in a healthy way. I started on a crash diet. I refused to eat lunch and dinner, only having crackers and water for days because I was so afraid to gain weight. I also took some diet pills, believing these will help me with my problems. Finally, Mike came into the picture and explained to me what I was doing wrong.

The best thing that happened to me aside from having Mike in my life is listening to him once and for all. Although he had the same weight problems that I had back then, he was losing weight the right way. Unlike me.

Why a Blog?

We both decided to start this blog because we wanted to help other couples who are facing the same problems we had. For those who think that losing weight as an individual is harder than doing it as a couple, you’re dead wrong. Losing weight with your partner is more difficult than doing this individually because there’s another person whose problems you have to take into account.

For married couples, losing weight is a team work. You have to know as a couple what your other partner wants and needs. Even though you work as a team, your weight struggles will react to different triggers and diet programs. You must define what you need and what your partner needs and then, find a connection wherein you can work together.



Hopefully, this blog will do that for a lot of couples who are suffering from weight problems. Mike and I are far from perfect, and we are not done yet with our weight struggles though there has been a big improvement already with our issues. However, we still want to lend a helping hand to those who may be going through what we are going through.

Whether you are just beginning to lose weight as a couple or you’re halfway there, everybody needs help, right? I, for one, need to learn from other couples who went through the same things we did, or who are going through these things with us.